So, you’re thinking of going solar? Well, you’re not alone. Homes and businesses globally are switching to solar energy every day. In the US alone, the government is incentivizing the entire solar-powered market to encourage sales. The move to offer tax rebates comes at a great time as energy prices peak above average.
But is going solar the right choice? Here’s a look at the pros and cons of solar power to help you make up your mind.
The Pros of Solar Energy
- Solar energy is a renewable resource, meaning you can reuse it without any fear of running out of energy.
- Solar energy is environmentally friendly. It doesn’t produce any harmful emissions as traditional fossil fuels do. It also aids in carbon footprint reduction emerge as a responsible citizen of the world.
- Solar energy is a reliable source of power. It works even in bad weather conditions.
- Solar energy is cost-effective in the long run. However, the initial investment is high money on your electric bill in the long run.
- Improves your home’s value – Some homebuyers are explicitly looking for homes with solar panels installed; they want the added convenience of efficient energy solutions; solar panel installation is an investment that will increase your home’s value in the long run.
The Cons of Solar Energy
- Solar energy isn’t always available. The panels will not generate power from the sun during the night or on cloudy days.
- Solar energy is expensive to install. The initial investment can be pretty costly, depending on the size and type of system you choose.
- Solar panels require a lot of maintenance. Solar panels require frequent maintenance and damage inspection. You may need professional help to resolve solar panel issues.
- Not ideal if you’re planning to move soon. If you don’t intend to reside in your home for long, installing solar panels might not be worth the investment. It can take several years for the panels to pay for themselves.
- Solar energy installation doesn’t work for every roof type. If your roof is covered in trees or too shady, solar panels might not be the best option.
Why Homeowners in Charlotte, NC, are Going Solar?
Home and business owners around Charlotte, NC, are realizing the importance of solar energy and making the switch to renewables. With rising energy costs and ever-changing technology, it’s no wonder solar. It is becoming more popular each day.
Tax breaks and incentives and increasing energy savings are two primary reasons homeowners switch to solar. In North Carolina, there is a 26% tax rebate available for those who install a solar system.
If you’re still on the fence, schedule a free consultation with TruShield Solar GMB, serving Charlotte, NC. Our team will work with you to explain when going solar is the right choice for your home. If you’re looking for an environmentally friendly option that can save you money in the long run, solar is worth considering.
Going solar has never been easier- so what are you waiting for? Call us for more details on a solar solution today.